The Tables in your Gridfox Projects can be changed and updated at any time. The Table itself can be directly amended by being renamed.
See the help pages for Fields and Views if you want to change the Field information or layout of Views.
Renaming a Table
Changing a Table Name will update the Grid View name in the navigation bar for everyone who uses the Project.
You can use either the View Editor or the Explorer to amend the names of Tables. Both methods are described below.
Remember that Tables have both a singular and a plural name. When you are making changes to Table names, check that both have updated as you expect.
Renaming a Table using the View Editor
The View Editor allows you to make quick changes to your Project configuration and your View layouts.
- Navigate to the Grid View for the Table that you would like to rename
- Open the Create menu in the bottom left hand corner
- Click Edit Current View
- In the Table Name section, change the name of the Table
- Click Save in the bottom right hand corner
The singular and plural name will update accordingly.
Renaming a Table using the Explorer
The Explorer allows you to see and manage all the Tables in your Project.
- Click the Explorer tab in the top right hand corner
- Click on the Table that you would like to rename and change the name of the Table
- Click Save in the top right hand corner
The singular and plural names will update accordingly.
Checking the Singular and Plural Names
You can check the singular and plural names for the Table that have been generated in either the View Editor or the Explorer.
- Open the View Editor or the Explorer
- Click to open the side panel for the Table that you want to check
- Expand the Table Settings section
- Update the Table Names as required
- Click Save