Fields are used to define specific pieces of information that you would like to capture about Records in your Gridfox Tables. You can add new Fields to Tables at any time.
Fields can be created using either the View Editor or the Explorer. Both methods are described below.
Once a Field has been added to a Table, data can be added in this new Field for each of the Records in the Table.
Creating Fields using the Grid View Editor
The View Editor allows you to make quick changes to your Project configuration and your View layouts.
- Select the Grid View for the Table that you want to add Fields to
- Open the Create menu in the bottom left hand corner
- Click Edit Current View
Click the plus icon in the Grid to add a new Field, choosing a Field Type and entering the Field Name
Alternatively, drag a Field onto the Grid and enter the Field Name
- Click Save in the bottom right hand corner
Creating Fields using the Explorer
The Explorer allows you to see and manage all the Tables in your Project.
- Click the Explorer tab in the top right hand corner
- Click the plus icon in the header for the Table that you want to add Fields to
- Choose the Field Type using the icon to the left of the Field Name
- Amend the Field Name
- Click Save in the top right hand corner
The new Field will be shown by default on all Table Screens. Use the Grid View Editor to configure where the Field shows.
You can take a look at your new Field by clicking the Back to Project button in the top left corner.